Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, State Street fell $1.72 (-2.5%) to $65.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,253,997 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,346,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $65.37-$66.53 after having opened the day at $65.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.39. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: VelocityShares 3x Inverse Natural Gas ETN ( DGAZ), down 8.6%, Plumas Bancorp ( PLBC), down 5.5%, Elmira Savings Bank Elmira NY ( ESBK), down 4.8% and Carver Bancorp ( CARV), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.