Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors fell $7.73 (-3.1%) to $244.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,358,214 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,752,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $242.55-$252.68 after having opened the day at $249.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $252.54. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Meritor ( MTOR), down 2.1%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), down 1.9%, Westport Innovations ( WPRT), down 1.7% and General Motors ( GM), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.