Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPL ( PPL) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, PPL rose $0.34 (1.1%) to $32.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,259,693 shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,967,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.02-$32.32 after having opened the day at $32.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.96. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), up 4.6%, Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), up 3.6%, Atlas Energy ( ATLS), up 3.4% and Northwest Natural Gas ( NWN), up 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.