Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $1.88 (1.1%) to $180.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,366,406 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,024,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $178.21-$181.17 after having opened the day at $178.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $178.50. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: FreeSeas ( FREE), up 9.9%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 9.3%, Star Bulk Carriers ( SBLK), up 8.9% and Golar LNG ( GLNG), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.