Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Skyworks Solutions ( SWKS) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Skyworks Solutions rose $0.51 (1.5%) to $35.46 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,180,840 shares of Skyworks Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,301,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.83-$35.98 after having opened the day at $34.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.95. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Applied Optoelectronics ( AAOI), up 23.2%, China BAK Battery ( CBAK), up 22.9%, Maxwell Technologies ( MXWL), up 15.3% and Sky-mobi ( MOBI), up 14.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Skyworks Solutions Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.