Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Waste Management ( WM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Waste Management rose $0.92 (2.3%) to $41.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,521,384 shares of Waste Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,305,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.55-$41.52 after having opened the day at $40.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.58. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 8.4%, MasTec ( MTZ), up 7.5%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 6.3% and Industrial Services of America ( IDSA), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.