Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medtronic ( MDT) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Medtronic rose $0.96 (1.6%) to $59.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,122,563 shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,926,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.26-$59.80 after having opened the day at $58.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.30. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Flexion Therapeutics ( FLXN), up 11.8%, Cormedix ( CRMD), up 10.7%, Iridex Corporation ( IRIX), up 9.2% and Cara Therapeutics ( CARA), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Medtronic Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.