Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PepsiCo ( PEP) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, PepsiCo rose $1.00 (1.3%) to $80.07 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,800,619 shares of PepsiCo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,560,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $78.85-$80.40 after having opened the day at $79.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.07. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Key Technology ( KTEC), up 4.8%, Crystal Rock Holdings ( CRVP), up 4.6%, Primo Water ( PRMW), up 4.5% and Monster Beverage ( MNST), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PepsiCo Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.