Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.39 (1.2%) to $33.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,169,096 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,997,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.97-$33.81 after having opened the day at $33.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.96. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: iPath Global Carbon ETN ( GRN), up 11.6%, LiqTech International ( LIQT), up 10.1%, Nelnet ( NNI), up 10.0% and PowerShares DB Commodity Long ETN ( DPU), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.