Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nielsen Holdings ( NLSN) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Nielsen Holdings rose $0.52 (1.1%) to $47.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,781,496 shares of Nielsen Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,404,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.81-$47.45 after having opened the day at $46.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.82. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: The9 ( NCTY), up 13.4%, Perfect World Co. Ltd. ADR repr Class B ( PWRD), up 11.8%, Mam Software Group ( MAMS), up 9.5% and Daegis ( DAEG), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nielsen Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.