- ISIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $106.9 million.
- ISIS has traded 2.2 million shares today.
- ISIS traded in a range 253.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $7.59.
- ISIS traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 8 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 8 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISIS: Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery and development of antisense drugs using novel drug discovery platform. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Isis Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Isis Pharmaceuticals has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Isis has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.62 and a short float of 11.3% with 4.63 days to cover. Shares are up 41.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Isis Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ISIS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 103.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 43.24% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 249.79% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.40, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 7.27 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Isis Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.