- SFY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.5 million.
- SFY has traded 2.1 million shares today.
- SFY is up 3.1% today.
- SFY was down 16% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SFY: Swift Energy Company engages in acquiring, exploring, developing, and operating oil and natural gas properties. It focuses on oil and natural gas reserves in Texas, as well as onshore and in the inland waters of Louisiana. SFY has a PE ratio of 15.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Swift Energy Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Swift Energy Company has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Swift Energy has a market cap of $513.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.38 and a short float of 33.6% with 6.46 days to cover. Shares are down 26.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Swift Energy Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 184.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.12 million to $8.89 million.
- SWIFT ENERGY CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SWIFT ENERGY CO reported lower earnings of $0.48 versus $1.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.65 versus $0.48).
- SFY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.28% from its price level of one year ago. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.05 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.43, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Swift Energy Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.