Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Air Lease ( AL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Air Lease as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.1 million.
- AL has traded 2,000 shares today.
- AL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AL: Air Lease Corporation engages in the purchase and leasing of commercial aircraft to airlines worldwide. The company also provides fleet management and remarketing services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. AL has a PE ratio of 21.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Air Lease a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Air Lease has been 721,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Air Lease has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Air Lease as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been very high debt management risk by most measures. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.22 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, AIR LEASE CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AIR LEASE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 90.06%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.71% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $184.91 million or 39.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.30%.
- This stock has increased by 28.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in AL do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Air Lease Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.