- KBR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.7 million.
- KBR traded 134,568 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:13 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KBR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KBR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KBR: KBR, Inc. operates as an engineering, construction, and services company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. KBR has a PE ratio of 20.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate KBR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for KBR has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. KBR has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.95 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.05 days to cover. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KBR as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KBR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KBR has a quick ratio of 1.60, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 304.54% to $178.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KBR INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.87%.
- KBR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KBR INC reported lower earnings of $0.96 versus $3.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.55 versus $0.96).
- The gross profit margin for KBR INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.30%. Regardless of KBR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.34% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, KBR has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- You can view the full KBR Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.