Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Valero Energy Corporation fell $2.21 (-4.4%) to $48.51 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,311,993 shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,761,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.12-$50.73 after having opened the day at $50.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.72. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Swift Energy Company ( SFY), down 16.1%, CGG ( CGG), down 7.3%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 7.0% and Laredo Petroleum ( LPI), down 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.