Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Continental Resources ( CLR) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Continental Resources fell $2.16 (-1.8%) to $118.42 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,544,300 shares of Continental Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,167,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $115.09-$121.54 after having opened the day at $117.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.58. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Swift Energy Company ( SFY), down 16.1%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 12.0%, CGG ( CGG), down 7.3% and Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Continental Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.