Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sempra Energy ( SRE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sempra Energy rose $1.80 (1.9%) to $94.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,790,424 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,253,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.00-$95.84 after having opened the day at $92.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.30. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 6.1%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), up 5.9%, Energy Company of Parana ( ELP), up 5.7% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.