Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DryShips ( DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, DryShips rose $0.15 (4.3%) to $3.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,480,483 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,199,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.53-$3.70 after having opened the day at $3.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.51. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: YRC Worldwide ( YRCW), up 14.9%, Teekay Tankers ( TNK), up 12.4%, Republic Airways Holdings ( RJET), up 10.5% and Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.