Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yahoo ( YHOO) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Yahoo rose $0.85 (2.3%) to $38.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,443,404 shares of Yahoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,239,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.74-$38.48 after having opened the day at $37.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.62. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Autohome Inc ADR ( ATHM), up 12.7%, eLong ( LONG), up 9.8%, ClickSoftware Technologies ( CKSW), up 9.3% and MeetMe ( MEET), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.