Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Abbott Laboratories ( ABT) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Abbott Laboratories rose $0.40 (1.0%) to $39.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,140,499 shares of Abbott Laboratories exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,373,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.33-$39.83 after having opened the day at $39.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.39. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: BioTelemetry ( BEAT), up 13.6%, Fonar Corporation ( FONR), up 13.2%, Oculus Innovative ( OCLS), up 9.3% and Akers Biosciences ( AKER), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Abbott Laboratories Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.