Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Altria Group ( MO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Altria Group rose $0.43 (1.2%) to $35.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,541,471 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,362,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.48-$35.94 after having opened the day at $35.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.44. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Inventure Foods ( SNAK), up 8.5%, Boulder Brands ( BDBD), up 7.5%, Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 6.8% and Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.