Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $10.32 (2.0%) to $527.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,583,935 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,816,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $516.05-$528.78 after having opened the day at $517.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $517.35. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Violin Memory ( VMEM), up 6.8%, Imation Corporation ( IMN), up 5.9%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 5.5% and Nimble Storage ( NMBL), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.