Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.0%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $0.68 (1.4%) to $48.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,005,911 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,171,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.70-$48.52 after having opened the day at $47.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.83. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 83.1%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 65.5%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 14.7% and Tronox ( TROX), up 14.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.