Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LyondellBasell Industries ( LYB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, LyondellBasell Industries rose $1.05 (1.2%) to $87.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,740,763 shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,453,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.43-$87.92 after having opened the day at $86.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.82. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 83.1%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 65.5%, KiOR ( KIOR), up 30.4% and Mines Management ( MGN), up 27.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.