- SUNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $279.4 million.
- SUNE has traded 517,538 shares today.
- SUNE is down 3.8% today.
- SUNE was up 9.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUNE: SunEdison, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers. The company is also involved in developing and selling photovoltaic energy solutions. It operates in two segments, Semiconductor Materials and Solar Energy. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate SunEdison a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison has been 11.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.54 and a short float of 20.5% with 2.77 days to cover. Shares are up 30.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SUNE's share price has jumped by 211.80%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SUNE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SUNEDISON INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNEDISON INC reported poor results of -$2.39 versus -$0.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus -$2.39).
- The gross profit margin for SUNEDISON INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.19%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -52.39% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$413.20 million or 2176.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full SunEdison Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.