- New student enrollment growth for CTU (4%), Health Education (21%) and Design & Technology (12%),
- a 49% improvement in the rate at which we convert a prospective student to a new student enrollment, cumulatively reflecting improvement across all segments,
- higher student applications across all segments with a 38% overall improvement,
- slight improvement in retention rates, and
- a 2.1% decline in new student acquisition costs.
Career Education Corporation (NASDAQ: CECO) today reported operating and financial results for the fourth quarter of 2013, posting its fourth consecutive quarter of sequential improvement in the decline of new enrollments and total enrollment across its family of ongoing schools. Non-financial metrics indicating positive trends for the fourth quarter of 2013 as compared to fourth quarter of 2012, excluding Transitional Schools, include: