Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Solar ( FSLR) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, First Solar fell $5.29 (-9.1%) to $52.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,527,664 shares of First Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,645,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.52-$53.60 after having opened the day at $50.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.03. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: DigitalGlobe ( DGI), down 27.3%, Care.com ( CRCM), down 14.8%, TigerLogic Corporation ( TIGR), down 12.1% and China Digital TV ( STV), down 10.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.