Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, MetLife fell $0.56 (-1.1%) to $49.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,585,443 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,686,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.34-$50.53 after having opened the day at $49.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.53. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Donegal Group ( DGICB), down 6.5%, CoreLogic ( CLGX), down 5.4%, NMI Holdings Inc Class A ( NMIH), down 4.5% and eHealth ( EHTH), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.