Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries rose $2.48 (3.6%) to $70.95 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,110,278 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,334,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.58-$71.29 after having opened the day at $68.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.47. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Global Ship Lease ( GSL), up 5.2%, American Railcar Industries ( ARII), up 4.1%, Taminco ( TAM), up 4.0% and TOP Ships ( TOPS), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.