Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.64 (1.9%) to $33.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,758,491 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,844,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.84-$33.58 after having opened the day at $32.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.77. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Walter Energy ( WLT), up 9.9%, Noranda Aluminum ( NOR), up 7.6%, Denison Mines Corporation ( DNN), up 7.3% and Westmoreland Coal ( WLB), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.