Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Weatherford International ( WFT) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Weatherford International rose $0.48 (3.1%) to $16.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17,556,830 shares of Weatherford International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,563,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.73-$16.60 after having opened the day at $15.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.58. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Newfield Exploration Company ( NFX), up 7.3%, Lilis Energy ( LLEX), up 6.2%, Endeavour International ( END), up 6.1% and Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Weatherford International Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.