Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Intercept Pharmaceuticals ( ICPT) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Intercept Pharmaceuticals rose $27.04 (7.1%) to $406.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 608,516 shares of Intercept Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 822,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $378.01-$414.99 after having opened the day at $380.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $379.07. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Anika Therapeutics ( ANIK), up 33.2%, Amyris ( AMRS), up 26.4%, Prana Biotechnology ( PRAN), up 19.9% and Cormedix ( CRMD), up 14.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Intercept Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.