Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $2.20 (1.6%) to $142.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,189,652 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,153,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $138.90-$143.62 after having opened the day at $140.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $140.10. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Jakks Pacific ( JAKK), up 23.2%, Kid Brands ( KID), up 11.7%, Entertainment Gaming Asia ( EGT), up 7.9% and Select Comfort Corporation ( SCSS), up 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.