Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VMware ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, VMware rose $1.44 (1.5%) to $97.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,250,564 shares of VMware exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,279,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $96.28-$99.22 after having opened the day at $96.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.25. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Edgewater Technology ( EDGW), up 20.3%, GigaMedia ( GIGM), up 8.0%, Intelligent Systems ( INS), up 7.7% and IntraLinks Holdings ( IL), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.