Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.73 (2.0%) to $36.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 26,304,739 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 27,144,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.94-$37.13 after having opened the day at $35.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.10. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Cooper-Standard Holdings ( CPS), up 8.8%, Shiloh Industries ( SHLO), up 7.5%, Strattec Security Corporation ( STRT), up 4.8% and Arctic Cat ( ACAT), up 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.