Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Whiting Petroleum Corporation ( WLL) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Whiting Petroleum Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.7 million.
- WLL is up 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WLL: Whiting Petroleum Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, exploitation, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in the United States. WLL has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Whiting Petroleum Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Whiting Petroleum Corporation has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Whiting has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.53 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.61 days to cover. Shares are up 3.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Whiting Petroleum Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 144.28% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.83% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WLL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for WHITING PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.14%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.60% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $513.90 million or 34.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WHITING PETROLEUM CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.05%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 145.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $83.13 million to $204.10 million.
- You can view the full Whiting Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.