- TKMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.9 million.
- TKMR has traded 72,752 shares today.
- TKMR is down 4.1% today.
- TKMR was up 7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TKMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TKMR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TKMR: Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the research and development of RNA interference therapeutics; and provides lipid nanoparticle delivery technology to pharmaceutical partners in Canada. TKMR has a PE ratio of 11.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation has been 288,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tekmira has a market cap of $412.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 171.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TKMR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 15.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TKMR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.02, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- TEKMIRA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEKMIRA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.87 versus -$0.90 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 77.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.44 million to -$6.08 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3.76 million or 190.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.