Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pentair ( PNR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pentair as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.0 million.
- PNR has traded 7,388 shares today.
- PNR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PNR: Pentair Ltd. delivers products, services, and solutions for water and other fluids, thermal management, and equipment protection in the United States, Europe, Asia, and other regions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. PNR has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Pentair a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pentair has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pentair has a market cap of $15.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pentair as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PENTAIR LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PENTAIR LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.63 versus $0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.95 versus $2.63).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 157.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$273.08 million to $158.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 259.14% to $285.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PENTAIR LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 24.56%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 159.54% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.40% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Pentair Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.