Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Continental Resources ( CLR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Continental Resources as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $149.1 million.
- CLR has traded 1,975 shares today.
- CLR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLR: Continental Resources, Inc. engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas properties in the north, south, and east regions of the United States. CLR has a PE ratio of 25.5. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Continental Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Continental Resources has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Continental has a market cap of $22.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.82 and a short float of 13% with 4.64 days to cover. Shares are up 10.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Continental Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.06 versus $2.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.36 versus $4.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 279.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.10 million to $167.50 million.
- The gross profit margin for CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.73%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.33% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 117.86% to $821.51 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.05%.
- You can view the full Continental Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.