- Target’s U.S. operations generated fourth quarter Adjusted earnings per share of $1.30, at the high end of the updated guidance provided in January.
- Canadian Segment dilution of (40) cents in the fourth quarter compares with prior guidance of approximately (45) cents.
- Target’s full-year 2013 Adjusted earnings per share of $4.38 reflect disciplined inventory and expense management despite softer-than-expected U.S. sales.
- In 2013, the Company returned $2.5 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchase, representing more than 125 percent of net earnings.
- Target’s U.S. comparable sales decreased (2.5)% in the fourth quarter, consistent with prior guidance, driven by positive comparable sales prior to our December 19 announcement of a data breach, followed by meaningfully softer results following the announcement.
|1 Adjusted diluted earnings per share ("Adjusted EPS"), a non-GAAP financial measure, excludes the impact of certain matters not related to our routine retail operations, such as expenses related to the data breach and the reduction in the beneficial interest asset.|