Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldcorp ( GG) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp fell $0.38 (-1.4%) to $27.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,898,174 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,397,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.24-$27.78 after having opened the day at $27.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.63. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 16.9%, Allied Nevada Gold ( ANV), down 9.3%, Solitario Exploration & Royalty ( XPL), down 8.5% and Midway Gold ( MDW), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.