Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, WellPoint fell $1.25 (-1.4%) to $89.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,531,799 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,399,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $89.52-$91.66 after having opened the day at $91.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.93. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), down 16.0%, Vivus ( VVUS), down 13.2%, Tenet Healthcare ( THC), down 9.1% and Star Scientific ( STSI), down 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.