Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apache Corporation ( APA) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Apache Corporation fell $1.24 (-1.5%) to $83.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,976,928 shares of Apache Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,639,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.24-$84.06 after having opened the day at $84.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.33. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 16.9%, Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 15.9%, Jones Energy Inc Class A ( JONE), down 13.6% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Apache Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.