Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Pinnacle West Capital Corporation ( PNW) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Pinnacle West Capital Corporation rose $0.70 (1.3%) to $55.14 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,646,109 shares of Pinnacle West Capital Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 954,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.34-$55.38 after having opened the day at $54.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.44. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Niska Gas Storage Partners ( NKA), up 7.1%, Pattern Energy Group ( PEGI), up 3.1%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 2.4% and Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), up 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Pinnacle West Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.