Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cameco ( CCJ) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Cameco rose $1.74 (8.2%) to $22.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,949,973 shares of Cameco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,123,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.35-$23.08 after having opened the day at $21.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.19. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Ur-Energy ( URG), up 16.8%, Uranium Resources ( URRE), up 13.7%, Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 10.3% and Denison Mines Corporation ( DNN), up 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cameco Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.