Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $2.84 (1.5%) to $197.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 974,601 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 732,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $193.80-$198.70 after having opened the day at $194.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $194.53. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Stock Building Supply Holdings ( STCK), up 10.2%, New Home Company ( NWHM), up 7.4%, Tutor Perini ( TPC), up 6.5% and CRH ( CRH), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Company Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.