Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TripAdvisor ( TRIP) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, TripAdvisor rose $2.78 (2.8%) to $101.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,277,447 shares of TripAdvisor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,012,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $97.82-$102.70 after having opened the day at $98.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.26. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Groupon ( GRPN), up 8.1%, Wix.com ( WIX), up 7.2%, LinkedIn ( LNKD), up 5.1% and Autohome Inc ADR ( ATHM), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.