Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum rose $1.77 (2.0%) to $89.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,707,383 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,737,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.72-$91.08 after having opened the day at $88.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.12. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GulfMark Offshore ( GLF), up 6.7%, Recon Technology ( RCON), up 5.4%, Carrizo Oil & Gas ( CRZO), up 5.3% and Earthstone Energy ( ESTE), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.