Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Fifth & Pacific Companies ( FNP) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Fifth & Pacific Companies rose $3.78 (12.0%) to $35.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,300,619 shares of Fifth & Pacific Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,488,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.85-$35.31 after having opened the day at $30.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.46. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tesla Motors ( TSLA), up 13.9%, Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 12.2%, Crumbs Bake Shop ( CRMB), up 8.5% and Standard Register Company ( SR), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Fifth & Pacific Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.