Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose $2.25 (1.2%) to $190.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 827,736 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 902,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $188.30-$192.00 after having opened the day at $188.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $188.52. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Platform Specialty Products ( PAH), up 4.5%, REX American Resources ( REX), up 4.5%, Rockwood Holdings ( ROC), up 3.9% and Gevo ( GEVO), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.